Your new company
A start up Cell Therapy Company
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop the short and long term scientific objectives for the organization covering discovery and preclinical development
- Develop the strategy for the build out of internal drug discovery capabilities and/or leverage external contract research organizations (CROs).
- Serve as the scientific lead for drug discovery collaborations
- Serve as the scientific due diligence lead for business development activities including search and evaluation, licensing, mergers and acquisitions
- Seek alliances with other science-based organizations; creates and manages effective partnerships that will drive cutting edge cancer treatment for patients.
- Provides guidance on scientific matters with regulatory agencies, scientific and medical personnel. Participates in the preparation of regulatory submissions providing science-based rational for actions.
- Lead and manage a small staff of scientists, ensuring their work is aligned with the company’s strategy and values.
- Represents the company with scientific agencies, globally addressing aspects of the company’s research and product development.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What you'll get in return
- 15+ years of relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, including senior level leadership experience. Prior experience in the field of oncology required. Ideal if the candidate has experience working with biologics such as monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates and cell therapy.
- PhD in a life science field from an accredited institution required.
- Prior experience building out drug discovery capabilities and overseeing a drug discovery team desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Prior experience with establishing and advancing industry partnerships strongly desired.
- Desired experience around due diligence of business development opportunities.
- Extensive leadership and management skills ideally developed in Big Pharma.
- Personable with solid team skills and works well in a highly innovative environment.
- Potential additional travel 20% including US and/International.
Competitive package and stock option
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1222101