Your new company
SUSE is a global leader in innovative, reliable and enterprise-grade open-source solutions, relied upon by more than 60% of the Fortune 500 to power their mission-critical workloads. We specialize in Enterprise Linux, Kubernetes Management, and Edge solutions, and collaborate with partners and communities to empower our customers to innovate everywhere –- from the data center to the cloud, to the edge and beyond. SUSE puts the “open” back in open source, giving customers the agility to tackle innovation challenges today and the freedom to evolve their strategy and solutions tomorrow. The company is headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, and employs nearly 2000 people globally. SUSE is listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Your new role
For our SUSE Linux Enterprise to support the mission critical workload, we are looking for a Linux developer to work on Linux High Availability Cluster Storage Layer, eg, cluster block device (soft RAID/mdadm), cluster logical volume manager (LVM), cluster file system (OCFS2/GFS2), DRBD, distributed lock manager (DLM)，and the related packaging. Your research and development work include (but not limited): to investigate various opensource projects, and provide constructive reports toward the solution; to implement product feature, fix bug, continuous integration; actively engage the technical discussion in opensource communities and contribute code to the upstream projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be fluent in reading and writing English.
- Must have solid C, asm, bash, and/or python are a big plus.
- Must be familiar with well-known kernel APIs, eg. memory malloc, lock operations, sysfs, procfs, debugfs etc.
- Must be familiar with one or many debugging tools, eg. gdb, ftrace, perf. Others like crash, systemtap, and/or bpftrace are a big plus.
- Very good understanding about one or many kernel modules, eg. mm, block, fs, dm/md etc.
What you'll get in return
- Familiar with Linux kernel storage stack is a big plus.
- Experience on Networking programming is a big plus.
- Experience on Cluster/High Availability/Distributed system is a big plus.
- Experience on Linux packaging and/or customization is a big plus.
- Experience on git, github, gitlab, or alike is a big plus.
- Passion for open-source and knowledge of community principles and practices is a big plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid skills in writing high-quality, well-designed and well-documented code.
- Self-motivated with discipline.
- Perseverance toward the problem resolution.
- Fast learner for the cutting-edge technology.
- Teamwork spirit with people with different personalities
What you need to do now
- MNC working environment
- Work life balance, 双休不加班
- Cutting edge technologies, Open-source community, 开源
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1224282